Leicestershire County Council has revealed that a camera car will be sent to 23 schools across the county to catch drivers who park illegally.
The County Council says it will deploy the patrol vehicle outside schools it has identified as having a problem with motorists who ignore parking restrictions.
The car will be appearing at dropping off and picking up times to record vehicle registrations, track owners through the DVLA and issue £70 fines to offenders.
The patrols start this month and include the following schools:
- Barwell Academy, Barwell
- Beacon Academy, Loughborough
- Captains Close Primary, Asfordby
- Castle Rock High, Coalville
- Desford Community School, Desford
- Eastfield Primary, Thurmaston
- Enderby Danemill Primary, Enderby
- Hathern Primary, Hathern
- Newlands Primary School, Earl Shilton
- Highgate Community Primary, Sileby
- Kingsway Primary School, Braunstone
- Little Hill Primary, Wigston
- Manorfield Primary, Stoney Stanton
- Mountfields Lodge, Loughborough
- Newbold Verdon Primary, Newbold Verdon
- Newcroft Primary, Shepshed
- Queniborough Primary, Queniborough
- Ratby Primary, Ratby
- Saint Peters Primary, Earl Shilton
- Sherard Primary, Melton Mowbray
- St Denys Infant, Ibstock
- St Peter’s Primary, Whetstone
- Townlands Primary, Earl Shilton
A number of other schools in Oadby, Wigston, Narborough, Loughborough and other locations are under consideration to be added to the patrols.
The council has reminded drivers to please park legally and with courtesy to the school and local residents.