Police name woman killed after bus stop crash in Leicester

A woman who died when a car collided into her as she stood at a bus stop in Leicester has been named as Annette Booth.

The fatal collision happened on Saturday 29 September, just after 11pm, at a bus shelter in the Woodgate area.

Mrs Booth who was with her husband was struck by a blue Mercedes CLK when it ploughed into her.

57-year-old Mrs Booth was taken to the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham where she was sadly pronounced dead.

Mrs Booth’s husband, Steve, issued the following statement on behalf of the family, after an inquest into her death was opened and adjourned by HM Coroner.

The statement read: “A 57-year-old female, the mother of two handsome, beautiful sons, Luke and Clain, a sweet, beautiful, devoted, loving and loved wife to Stephen.”

“Annette was kind, honest, loyal, caring, supportive and compassionate, in some ways a private and shy person, yet also fun loving with her little mischievous ways too! She had an infectious laugh and a smile to light up any room.”

“In recent years she had battled with ill-health, which presented her with new daily/weekly struggles and challenges after a series of strokes.”

“She was a fighter and did what needed to be done. She never gave up on herself or anyone else and news that our oldest Luke was due to be married in May 2019 and subsequent news on Easter Sunday that we were due to expect our granddaughter in October this year, she was feeling elated.”

“This news together with planning our celebration of 19 years of marriage and 30 year anniversary of being together in August/September 2019, gave her focus and strength towards the future.”

“A truly beautiful woman tragically taken from us, all whom loved and knew her. Never to be forgotten, always full of life. A story to be told, now in eternal peace. Love you forever darling.”

Officers investigating the collision would like hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or the circumstances leading up to it to contact them.

A 26-year-old man from Leicester has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and being unfit to drive through drink or drugs. He has since been released under investigation while enquiries continue.